TC 12: Energy Access and Off-Grid Systems
Following on the success of Empower a Billion Lives, and a strong expression of interest in the technologies underlying energy access, and a burgeoning need for power systems with more autonomous control that can be implemented in a highly decentralized manner, Technical Committee - 12 is being formed by PELS to provide global leadership in this important area. Given below are some of the topics of interest:
- Energy access solutions
- Decentralized bottom-up grids
- Self-organizing grids and microgrids
- DC nanogrids
- Hyper-efficient appliances, including CHP
- Sensing, architecture, market, and business models for energy access
- Ultra-automation in AC or DC microgrids
- Autonomous inverters for inverter dominant grids
- Real-time control of inverters to meet physical, market and cyber needs
- Grid as an ecosystem
The above topics are rapidly gaining prominence and represent some of the emerging technical challenges that power electronics will face, and are at the heart of enabling successful solutions for energy access.
For further information on TC12 contact Deepak Divan or Jelena Popovic.
Policy and Procedures
To be announced.
For meeting information please join the TC.
VP for Technical Operations
University of Nottingham