Senior Member is the highest grade for which IEEE members can apply and recognizes outstanding career achievements. It is a mark of distinction and is highly regarded not only within our own organization but by technological industries and companies around the world. PELS encourages you to learn more about the benefits of being a Senior Member, and eligibility requirements by visiting the website: www.ieee.org/seniormember
To Apply for Senior Member Status
To apply for Senior Member status requires ten years of professional practice including five years of significant achievement, the completion of the applications form and three references or the same experience criteria as noted above, nomination, the completion of the application form and two references.
A Guide to Applying for IEEE Senior Member Grade and additional information appears on the Application Form. Access the Senior Member Grade Application Online >>
- Recognition: The professional recognition of your peers for technical and professional excellence.
- Senior member plaque: Since January 1999, all newly elevated Senior members have received an engraved Senior Member plaque to be proudly displayed for colleagues, clients and employers to see. The plaque, an attractive fine wood with bronze engraving, is sent within six to eight weeks after elevation.
- US$25 coupon: IEEE will recognize all newly elevated Senior members with a coupon worth up to US$25. This coupon can be used to join one new IEEE society. The coupon expires on 31 December of the year in which it is received.
- Letter of commendation: A letter of commendation will be sent to your employer on the achievement of Senior member grade (upon the request of the newly elected Senior member).
- Announcements: Announcement of elevation can be made in section/society and/or local newsletters, newspapers and notices.
- Leadership Eligibility: Senior members are eligible to hold executive IEEE volunteer positions.
- Ability to refer other candidates: Senior members can serve as a reference for other applicants for senior membership.
- Review panel: Senior members are invited to be on the panel to review senior member applications.
- US$25 referral coupon: Newly elevated Senior members are encouraged to find the next innovators of tomorrow and invite them to join IEEE. Invite them to join and the new IEEE member will receive $25 off their first year of membership.
Members Elevated to Senior Members in 2021 - Congratulations!
|Rakesh Kumar A||Ibrahim Abdelsalam||Mokhtar Aly||Mahshid Amirabadi||Satish Naik Banavath|
|Davide Barater||Sourav Bose||Jesus Cardesin||Timothy Cargol||Sabin Carpiuc|
|Shajjiad Chowdhury||Ilhami Colak||Somasundaram Essakiappan||Chris Farnell||Wulf-Toke Franke|
|Jens Friebe||Carol Gerou||Juan Guerrero||Baran Hekimoglu||Andi Jakupi|
|Jinsong Kan||Lauri Kutt||Hongchang Li||Jia Liu||Lei Liu|
|Ming Liu||Qitang Liu||Min Luo||Yunhui Mei||Carlos Meza|
|Marta Molinas||Khalegh Mozaffari||K R M Nair||Maged Najjar||Ken Nakahara|
|Dulika Nayanasiri||Martin Neuburger||Miodrag Nikolic||Margarita Norambuena||Minggao Ouyang|
|Karthik Palaniappan||Ranjeeta Patel||Jimmy Peng||Anish Prasai||Kamran Raza|
|Thomas Relling||Hai-Peng Ren||Carlos Reusser||Frederic Richardeau||Wesam Rohouma|
|Shahil Shah||Ramesh Singh||Jose Sosa Zuniga||Kai Strunz||Praveen V|
|Gerardo Vazquez||Chenchen Wang||Kangping Wang||Yaoqiang Wang||Alan Watson|
|Zhongbao Wei||Brian Welchko||John Wolgemuth||Gouchun Xiao||Liansong Xiong|
|Xiaotian Zhang||Ye Zhang||Yu Zhang||Wenxing Zhong|