Senior Member is the highest grade of membership that IEEE members can apply for and recognizes outstanding career achievements. It is a mark of distinction and highly regarded not only within IEEE but by technological industries and companies around the world. PELS encourages all to learn more about the eligibility requirements and benefits of being a Senior Member.
- Ability to Refer Other Candidates: Senior Members can serve as a reference for other applicants of senior membership.
- Announcements: Announcements of elevation can be made in a Section/Society and/or local newsletters, newspapers, and notices.
- Coupon: IEEE will provide all newly elevated Senior Members with a coupon worth up to USD 25 to join one new IEEE Society. It expires on 31 December of the year that it is received.
- Leadership Eligibility: Senior Members are eligible to hold executive IEEE volunteer positions.
- Letter of Commendation (upon request): A letter of commendation will be sent to an employer on the achievement of Senior Member grade.
- Plaque: Since 1999, all newly elevated Senior Members receive an attractive fine wood with a bronze engraved plaque that can be displayed for clients, colleagues, and employers to see. The plaque is sent within six to eight weeks after elevation.
- Recognition: The professional recognition of peers for technical and professional excellence.
- Referral Coupon: Newly elevated Senior Members are encouraged to find the next innovators of tomorrow and invite them to join IEEE. The new IEEE member will receive USD 25 off their first year of membership.
- Review Panel: Senior Members are invited to be on the panel to review Senior Member applications.
How to Apply
To apply for Senior Member status, applicants must have ten years of professional practice (including five years of significant achievement), complete the application form, and provide three references for the experience criteria. References should be from current IEEE Fellows, Senior Members, or Honorary Members.
|Rakesh Kumar A||Ibrahim Abdelsalam||Mokhtar Aly||Mahshid Amirabadi||
Satish Naik Banavath
|Davide Barater||Sourav Bose||Jesus Cardesin||Timothy Cargol||Sabin Carpiuc|
|Shajjiad Chowdhury||Ilhami Colak||Somasundaram Essakiappan||Chris Farnell||Wulf-Toke Franke|
|Jens Friebe||Carol Gerou||Juan Guerrero||Baran Hekimoglu||Andi Jakupi|
|Jinsong Kan||Lauri Kutt||Hongchang Li||Jia Liu||Lei Liu|
|Ming Liu||Qitang Liu||Min Luo||Yunhui Mei||Carlos Meza|
|Marta Molinas||Khalegh Mozaffari||K R M Nair||Maged Najjar||Ken Nakahara|
|Dulika Nayanasiri||Martin Neuburger||Miodrag Nikolic||Margarita Norambuena||Minggao Ouyang|
|Karthik Palaniappan||Ranjeeta Patel||Jimmy Peng||Anish Prasai||Kamran Raza|
|Thomas Relling||Hai-Peng Ren||Carlos Reusser||Frederic Richardeau||Wesam Rohouma|
|Shahil Shah||Ramesh Singh||Jose Sosa Zuniga||Kai Strunz||Praveen V|
|Gerardo Vazquez||Chenchen Wang||Kangping Wang||Yaoqiang Wang||Alan Watson|
|Zhongbao Wei||Brian Welchko||John Wolgemuth||Gouchun Xiao||Liansong Xiong|
|Xiaotian Zhang||Ye Zhang||Yu Zhang||Wenxing Zhong|