The IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) invites both IEEE and non-IEEE members to become PELS members. The primary goal of PELS is to give its members the tools they need to stay on top of new technologies and other advances in power electronics while growing personally and professionally.
Build a Network: Collaborate with IEEE colleagues and member groups (online or in-person) to build a support group for your profession, industry, or project. Local members with similar technical interests can engage in professional exchanges and share benefits through PELS's regional chapters in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Oceania.
Gain Expertise and Open Career Doors: IEEE houses an unrivaled network of advisors, experts, and professionals that can help shape your career, offer resources to acquire new skills, advance professional development, and provide numerous opportunities for involvement, recognition, and reward. PELS offers a diverse array of awards, committees, conferences, publications, tools, and workshops that enlighten and inspire PELS members.
Stay Current and Get Ahead: Membership grants engineers, researchers, scientists, and others involved in power electronics research access to the largest library of computer science, electrical engineering, and electronics technical literature as well as the latest events, industry news, and technology trends.
Opportunities for PELS Members
- Conferences: Conferences expose members to opportunities to network with colleagues, friends, and leaders to enhance individual professional development and career standing. PELS members help organize high-profile forums for the latest advances in power electronics research in cooperation with other IEEE societies, including the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) and Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE)
- Education and Student Activities: PELS has a broad educational program and supports exciting student activities, such as the IEEE Future Energy Challenge (IFEC) and student travel grants to participate in PELS conferences.
- Publications: Advances in technology are communicated directly to PELS members through multiple outlets, including publications. Additionally, PELS's website features news concerning its activities, programs, and new developments in power electronics.
- Standards: Getting involved with the Standards Committee and working groups give PELS members the mechanisms to define common protocols, interfaces, testing and evaluation procedures, and performance for power electronics systems. The Standards Committee also provides liaison support to governing bodies of IEEE.
- Technical Committees (TCs): PELS members are encouraged to actively participate in TCs. They concentrate on key areas of technology, such as communication energy systems, motor drives and actuators, vehicle and transportation systems, power and control core technologies, power conversion systems and components, high performance and low-cost applications, and sustainable energy systems.
- Workshops: In cooperation with other IEEE Societies, PELS sponsors in-depth workshops that focus on specific technical areas, such as computers in power electronics, integrated power packaging, and many others.
PELS Member Privileges
- Advanced information on conferences, symposiums, and workshops
- Discounts on conference, symposium, and workshop registration fees
- Easy access to books, tutorials, and proceedings at discounted member rates
- Electronic subscription to the PELS Digital Library (includes IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics, PELS Conference Proceedings, and PELS Newsletter)
- Electronic and print subscriptions to the IEEE Power Electronics Magazine
- Enhanced leadership and management skills from holding an elective office in PELS
- Monthly PELS e-Newsletter
- Networking with colleagues and leaders in the field from around the world to support professional development and career advancement
- Opportunities to attend PELS-sponsored conferences
- Opportunities to get involved in conferences, standards, and technical committees
- Opportunities to participate in chapters and other professional activities
We hope that you will join a talented group of individuals comprised of over 10,000 academics, professionals, and students who are working towards "Powering a Sustainable Future." Join PELS today to lock in these benefits and be connected to the ultimate source of power in the industry!