To encourage the next generation power electronics engineers and researchers, the committee has initiated a new award--IEEE PELS Ph.D. Thesis Talk Award (P3 Talk). The goal of the competition is to showcase Ph.D. projects to the entire power electronics community - both in academia and industry in 3 minutes.
Please check out the last year’s winner:
- Design Considerations for Radio Frequency Power Converters by: Lei Gu, Stanford University, USA
- Synchronised Control of Grid-Interactive Inverters using Stationary Frame Resonant Regulators by: Afif Nazib, RMIT University, Australia
- Mission Profile based System-Level Lifetime Prediction of Modular Multilevel Converters by: Yi Zhang, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Three-Layer Control Strategy for LLC Converters: Large-Signal, Small Signal, and Steady-State Operation by: Mehdi Mohammadi, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Torque Estimation in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines by: Maria Martinez Gomez, University of Oviedo, Spain