Award for Achievement in Power Electronics Standards
Eligibility: Any active IEEE member is eligible to receive this award. There is no restriction on nationality, age, gender, or IEEE member grade.
Criteria: Judging will be based on the nominator's recommendation, endorsement letters and evaluation of the selection committee members. The criteria include:
- sustained contribution of the candidate to the advancement of IEEE standards in the field of power electronics
- sustained services of the candidate to the IEEE standards in the field of power electronics
- dissemination of knowledge by the candidate of the IEEE standards in the field of power electronics
- candidate's stature around IEEE standards in the field of power electronics
- the quality of the nomination
Presentation: This award will be presented at a PELS-sponsored conference.
- Engraved plaque
- A one-time honorarium of USD 1,500
- Reimbursement of up to USD 1,000 towards the recipient's necessary conference registration, travel, and accommodation costs incurred to attend the award ceremony
Submitting a Nominee: When submitting a nominee, you will be asked to log into your existing IEEE account (or register for a new one) to identify as a nominator. Subsequently, select the IEEE Award for Achievement in Power Electronics Standards and enter the required data and documents. Please note: at least two reference letters will be required and must contain the following: name, title, contact data, referee's main field of interest, the relationship between the referee and nominee, nominee's achievements for the selection criteria indicated in the award description, the reason why the referee personally recommends the nominee, referee's signature, and date.
The portal to submit applications is closed.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.
|2023||No Award given|
|2022||Matt Wilkowski||For diligent work in the Electronic Transformer Technical Committee (ETTC)|
|2021||Bruce Thackwray||For sustained substantial contributions to multiple IEEE Standards regarding Power Transformers and Inductors|
|2020||John DeCramer||For sustained contributions to IEEE Standards regarding Power Transformers and Inductors|
|2019||Brad Lehman||For outstanding contributions in initiating and leading the IEEE LED lighting standards group (PAR1789) and to the IEEEStd 1789-2015-IEEE Recommended Practices for Modulating Current in High-Brightness LEDs for Mitigating Health Risks to Viewers|