Best Student Branch Chapter Award
The PELS Best Student Branch Chapter (SBC) Award was established in 2018 to recognize excellent service by PELS SBCs and Joint PELS SBCs to its student members and the power electronics community.
- Substantial chapter accomplishments in fields such as local service to PELS members
- Chapter meetings with technical, educational, or networking contents, including meetings with invited distinguished lecturers from PELS
- Offering networking opportunities between local industry and academia, between students, young and senior engineers
- Power electronics-related contribution to IEEE activities, such as the establishment and promotion of IEEE milestones
- Essential local support of international IEEE PELS power electronics conferences
- Visibility related to a high number of members and participants in chapter meetings, an increase of new PELS members, public relations including website and publications
- Networking with local societies with a similar scope
Presentation: The award is usually presented at ECCE America every year during the Awards Ceremony. If desired, it can be presented at another PELS-sponsored conference.
- Certificate in the name of the SBC
- A one-time honorarium of USD 1,000 to support activities of the SBC
- Reimbursement of up to USD 1,000 towards the SBC's necessary conference registration, travel, and accommodation costs incurred to attend the Awards Ceremony
Submitting a Nominee: Applications for this award should be effectuated through the current Chair of the SBC. They will be asked to log into their existing IEEE account (or register for a new one) to identify as a nominator.
The portal to submit applications is closed.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.
2023 Honoree: Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, PEL35
Throughout the academic year 2022 - 2023 from the day of inauguration 38 numbers of events were organized by our PELS society till June 2023, which benefited many professionals, students and faculty members. Some of the notable events are IEEE International conference ICPECTS-2022, Sairam SDG Hackathon, Gate Awareness Program, IEEE Learning Network Awareness Program, Hands on training on Design of BLDC Motor, PELS Day celebration with DLP, etc.
ICPECTS Conference was a global conference organized for two days. This made a platform for the students to showcase their talents through paper presentation. Best paper was given an Award. Resource persons were ER. JOSEF MAYRHOFER, Performetriks, United States, Er. MUTHUKRISHNA BABU, Scientist -F, NIOT, Chennai, Dr. VIJAYAKUMAR KRISHNASAMY, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kancheepuram. Er. SANKAR GANESH SDV, Infosys, Chennai, Ts. Dr. RAMANI KANNAN Ph.D., CEng (UK)., SMIEEE (USA)., MIET(UK)., MIE (I)., Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia. Sairam SDG Hackathon also organized for the two consecutive days which comprises project presentations of students from Sairam engineering college, Sairam institute of technology and various schools and colleges. The resource persons were Dr Uma Maheswari.P, Dr.Mohamed Adil. Best of three internal and external presenters were given prizes and certificates. The Gate Awareness Program was conducted on account of Engineer’s Day. Dr. K. Porkumaran Chairperson of IEEE Madras Section, Principal Sri Sairam Engineering College Addressed the students of various disciplines and explained the necessity of Gate exam and how to prepare and their future scopes. IEEE Learning Network Awareness program was given by our Vice Chair of PELS, Sidharth Anandhakumar. He clearly explained the benefits of IEEE Learning Network and demonstrated the usage for both IEEE members and non IEEE members. This made a great impact for the students and was very useful for the students. Hands on training on Design of BLDC Motors Dr. L. Kurinji Malar Ass. Prof / EEE, Sri Sairam Engineering College. This event comprises hands on designing of BLDC motor, working and its benefits were discussed and taught. PELS day was celebrated along with the resource person Dr Sanjib Kumar Panda, Dr. S. Albert Alexander. Session on Plug and Play Operational Approach for an Implementation of an Autonomous Micro Grid System by Dr. Sanjib Kumar Panda and Role of Machine Learning in Power Electronics by Dr. S. Albert Alexander. Appreciation Certificate were distributed to PELS ambassadors.
|2022||No award will be given|
|2021||Tsinghua University, PEL35|
|2019||Universidade Federal de Campina Grande (UFCG)|