Best Student Branch Chapter Award
The PELS Best Student Branch Chapter (SBC) Award was established in 2018 to recognize excellent service by PELS SBCs and Joint PELS SBCs to its student members and the power electronics community.
- Substantial chapter accomplishments in fields such as local service to PELS members
- Chapter meetings with technical, educational, or networking contents, including meetings with invited distinguished lecturers from PELS
- Offering networking opportunities between local industry and academia, between students, young and senior engineers
- Power electronics-related contribution to IEEE activities, such as the establishment and promotion of IEEE milestones
- Essential local support of international IEEE PELS power electronics conferences
- Visibility related to a high number of members and participants in chapter meetings, an increase of new PELS members, public relations including website and publications
- Networking with local societies with a similar scope
Presentation: The award is usually presented at ECCE America every year during the Awards Ceremony. If desired, it can be presented at another PELS-sponsored conference.
- Certificate in the name of the SBC
- A one-time honorarium of USD 1,000 to support activities of the SBC
- Reimbursement of up to USD 1,000 towards the SBC's necessary conference registration, travel, and accommodation costs incurred to attend the Awards Ceremony
Submitting a Nominee: Applications for this award should be effectuated through the current Chair of the SBC. They will be asked to log into their existing IEEE account (or register for a new one) to identify as a nominator.
The portal to submit applications will open on 1 January 2023.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.
Submit a Nomination
|2022||No award will be given|
|2021||Tsinghua University, PEL35|
|2019||Universidade Federal de Campina Grande (UFCG)|