The PELS Best Chapter Award was established in 2000 to recognize excellent service by a PELS Chapter and Joint PELS Chapters to its members and the power electronics community.
- Substantial chapter accomplishments in fields such as local service to PELS members
- Chapter meetings with technical, educational, or networking contents, including meetings with invited distinguished lecturers from PELS
- Offering networking opportunities between local industry and academia, between students, young and senior engineers
- Power electronics-related contribution to IEEE activities, such as the establishment and promotion of IEEE milestones
- Essential local support of international IEEE PELS power electronics conferences
- Visibility related to high numbers of members and participants in chapter meetings, an increase of new PELS members, public relations including website and publications
- Networking with local societies with a similar scope
Presentation: The award is usually presented at ECCE America every year during the Awards Ceremony.
- Certificate in the name of the Chapter
- A one-time honorarium of USD 1,500 to support activities of the Chapter
- Reimbursement of up to USD 1,000 toward the Chapter's necessary conference registration, travel, and accommodation costs incurred to attend the Awards Ceremony
Submitting a Nominee: Applications for this award should be effectuated through the current Chapter Chair. They will be asked to log into their existing IEEE account (or register for a new one) to identify as a nominator.
The portal to submit applications is now open. Please submit your nomination by 31 March 2023.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.
|2022||No Award given this year|
|2021||IEEE PELS Bangalore Section Chapter, PEL35|
|2017||PELS San Francisco Bay Area Council (SFBAC) - Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section Chapter|
|2016||Serbia and Montenegro Joint Chapter PELS/IES/IAS|
|2015||Pittsburgh Section (USA)|
|2014||Fukuoka Section (Japan)|
|2013||PELS-IES Delhi Chapter|
|2012||Argentina Section Joint Chapter IES/CS/RAS/IAS/PELS/VTS|
|2011||The Joint Delhi Section Chapter, PEL35/IE13|
|2010||PELS/PES Joint Student Chapter - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|2009||The Denmark Chapter|
|2008||Germany Joint IAS/PELS/IES Chapter|
|2005||United Kingdom - Republic of Ireland PELS Chapter|
|2004||Brazil North-East, Bahia Section, Joint PELS/IAS/PES Chapter|
|2003||Hong Kong Joint PELS/PES/IES/IAS Chapter|
|2002||German Joint IAS/IES/PELS Chapter|
|2001||Russian Joint PELS/IES/PES Chapter|
|2000||Morelos Section PELS Chapter|