The PELS Best Chapter Award was established in 2000 to recognize excellent service by a PELS Chapter and Joint PELS Chapters to its members and the power electronics community.
- Substantial chapter accomplishments in fields such as local service to PELS members
- Chapter meetings with technical, educational, or networking contents, including meetings with invited distinguished lecturers from PELS
- Offering networking opportunities between local industry and academia, between students, young and senior engineers
- Power electronics-related contribution to IEEE activities, such as the establishment and promotion of IEEE milestones
- Essential local support of international IEEE PELS power electronics conferences
- Visibility related to high numbers of members and participants in chapter meetings, an increase of new PELS members, public relations including website and publications
- Networking with local societies with a similar scope
Presentation: The award is usually presented at ECCE America every year during the Awards Ceremony.
- Certificate in the name of the Chapter
- A one-time honorarium of USD 1,500 to support activities of the Chapter
- Reimbursement of up to USD 1,000 toward the Chapter's necessary conference registration, travel, and accommodation costs incurred to attend the Awards Ceremony
Submitting a Nominee: Applications for this award should be effectuated through the current Chapter Chair. They will be asked to log into their existing IEEE account (or register for a new one) to identify as a nominator.
The portal to submit applications is closed.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.
2023 Honoree: IEEE PELS IES Delhi Chapter
The IEEE PELS-IES Delhi Chapter is keeping its members informed about cutting-edge technical innovations and advancements in the field of power electronics research. The chapter seeks to increase its members' understanding of cutting-edge technology and other developments in the field of power electronics in order to keep them competitive in the workplace and to give them the resources they need to succeed both personally and professionally. The IEEE PELS-IES Delhi Chapter, always focus on activities related to power electronics and industrial electronics, such as technical presentations, workshops, and networking opportunities for professionals in the region interested in these fields. This chapter focuses on advancing the technology of power electronics and its applications and it aims to advance and promote knowledge in industrial and manufacturing applications of electronics and electrical engineering. The Chapter will have scientific, literary, and educational goals. Its mission is to advance the theory and practise of electrical and electronics engineering, as well as the allied arts and sciences, and to foster technical excellence among its members. PELS shall promote close cooperation and the exchange of technical information among its members and affiliates by holding meetings for the presentation and discussion of papers, sponsoring periodicals and special publications, and studying and providing the needs of its members and affiliates through its committees.
|2022||No Award given this year|
|2021||IEEE PELS Bangalore Section Chapter, PEL35|
|2017||PELS San Francisco Bay Area Council (SFBAC) - Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section Chapter|
|2016||Serbia and Montenegro Joint Chapter PELS/IES/IAS|
|2015||Pittsburgh Section (USA)|
|2014||Fukuoka Section (Japan)|
|2013||PELS-IES Delhi Chapter|
|2012||Argentina Section Joint Chapter IES/CS/RAS/IAS/PELS/VTS|
|2011||The Joint Delhi Section Chapter, PEL35/IE13|
|2010||PELS/PES Joint Student Chapter - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|2009||The Denmark Chapter|
|2008||Germany Joint IAS/PELS/IES Chapter|
|2005||United Kingdom - Republic of Ireland PELS Chapter|
|2004||Brazil North-East, Bahia Section, Joint PELS/IAS/PES Chapter|
|2003||Hong Kong Joint PELS/PES/IES/IAS Chapter|
|2002||German Joint IAS/IES/PELS Chapter|
|2001||Russian Joint PELS/IES/PES Chapter|
|2000||Morelos Section PELS Chapter|