IEEE PELS Graduate Studies Scholarship and IEEE PELS Jan Abraham “Braham” Ferreira Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to promote, recognize and support eligible students with a bachelor's degree or equivalent pursuing a higher-level graduate degree within the IEEE Power Electronics Society’s fields of interest.
One of the Scholarships is awarded as the IEEE PELS Jan Abraham “Braham” Ferreira Scholarship, named in honor of the late Professor Jan Abraham “Braham” Ferreira who was a past president of PELS. This scholarship is reserved for the highest-ranked winner from a traditionally underserved country or region- i.e., whose home institution is located in a country/region that qualifies for IEEE’s electronic membership option- in the spirit of providing opportunities to those less able to financially manage the expenses of foreign study.
The scholarship is funded by the IEEE Power Electronics Society and Future Workforce Fund of the IEEE Foundation.Prize:
- Multiple awards (up to 7) of $5,000 and certificates are given annually
- $1,000 will be reimbursed towards necessary conference registration, travel and accommodations cost incurred to attend the award ceremony
- Complimentary IEEE and PELS membership in the following year
- Member, Graduate Student Member or Student Member for both IEEE & PELS
- Students with a bachelors degree or equivalent pursuing a higher-level graduate degree such as a Masters or PhD degree within the PELS fields of interest
- Plan a stay to study at a host institution in a foreign country for six to twelve months
- Continue the studies at the home university with the same faculty advisor for the twelve months after receipt of the scholarship
The portal to submit applications is closed.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.