IEEE PELS Graduate Studies Fellowship and IEEE PELS John G. Kassakian Fellowship
The IEEE PELS Graduate Studies Fellowship and IEEE PELS John G. Kassakian Fellowship are awarded to promote, recognize and support eligible students with a Master’s degree or equivalent pursuing an advanced doctoral/PhD degree within the IEEE Power Electronics Society’s fields of interest.
One of the Fellowships is awarded as IEEE PELS John G. Kassakian Fellowship, named in honor of Prof. John G. Kassakian, the 2nd president of the Council and subsequently the founding president of the IEEE Power Electronics Society. This fellowship is reserved for the highest-ranked winner.
The fellowship is funded by the IEEE Power Electronics Society and Future Workforce Fund of the IEEE Foundation.
- Multiple awards (up to 7) of $5,000 and certificates are given annually
- $1,000 will be reimbursed towards necessary conference registration, travel and accommodations cost incurred to attend the award ceremony
- Complimentary IEEE and PELS membership in the following year
- Member, Graduate Student Member or Student Member for both IEEE & PELS
- Students with a Master's degree or equivalent pursuing a higher-level graduate degree such as a Masters or PhD degree within the PELS fields of interest
- Plan a stay to study at a host institution in a foreign country for six to twelve months
- Continue the studies at the home university with the same faculty advisor for the twelve months after receipt of the fellowship
The portal to submit applications is closed.
Please send any questions to the PELS Awards Committee.