European PhD School July 2021
2021 Edition of the European PhD School
Considering the pandemic situation, the Scientific Committee decided to organize the 2021 edition of the European PhD school: Power Electronics, Electrical Machines, Energy Control and Power Systems as a “virtual” PHD School.
The PhD school will be held from July 12 to July 16, 2021.
We will come back to the wonderful Castle of Gaeta in 2022!
The provisional program includes:
- Torsten Leifert (Elektrobility Innovation CL, Volkswagen) – “Challenges for Power Devices in and around Battery Electrified Vehicles”;
- Mario Paolone (EPFL – Switzerland) – “Modeling of power grid signals in the presence of reduced system inertia”;
- Lothar Schindele (Advanced Vehicle Systems (CR/AVS) Robert Bosch GmbH) – “Future E-mobility and the Change of the system Requirements”;
- Bulent Sarlioglu (University of Wisconsin-Madison – USA) – “Electrification of Aircraft – How about full electric propulsion using electric motors and drives?”;
- Grzegorz Ombach (DRÄXLMAIER Group, Head of Battery Systems) – “Evolution of Energy Storage Systems for automotive applications”;
- Benjamin Kaehler (Head of eDrive Battery | eDrive@VANs – Mercedes-Benz AG) – “title t.b.d.”
- Alireza Nami (Hitachi ABB Power Grids) – “Role of Power Electronics in Future Power Grids”
- Frede Blaabjerg (Aalborg University) – “Reliability Engineering in Power Electronics Systems”;
- J. Laeuffer (ENSTA-ParisTech, Paris-Orsay University) – “Electromagnetic Design of High Frequency converters and drives”;
- Ahmed Elasser (General Electric Global Research Center), Silvio Colombi (ABB Switzerland) – “Energy storage systems for Power System applications”;
- Giorgio Sulligoi (University of Trieste): – “Green ship design: marine transportation electrification and research challenges”;
- Ion G. Boldea (University Politechnica of Timisoara) – “Reluctance (synchronous and flux-modulation) electric motor drives: an overview”, “Robotics -recent progress in high torque density and efficiency actuators”;
- Humberto Pinheiro (UFSM, Brasil) – “Microgrid Control: Inverter paralleling”;
- Alejandro Dominguez-Garcia (UIUC) “Microgrid Control Distributed frequency control”;
- Huai Wang (Aalborg University) – “Artificial Intelligence in Power Electronics”;
- ROUNDTABLE ON INNOVATION: Ahmed Elasser (GE Global Research Center), Jacques Laeuffer (ENSTA-ParisTech, Paris-Orsay University).