Conferences and Best Paper Awards
TC 5 organizes the annual IEEE International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG). The details of the symposium, such as the general chair, location, date, budget, will be approved by the PEDG Steering Committee and TC meeting. In general, the symposium is held in June of each year. The location, budgets and committee of the PEDG will generally be approved two years earlier.
Each year 3 papers presented at PEDG will be selected and awarded with best paper awards, and a few Student Travel Support Awards will be granted annually to support attending PEDG.
PEDG website: http://www.ieee-pedg.org/
PEDG 2022 is planned for June 26-29, 2022 at Kiel, Germany
Past PEDG Venues and Chairs
2021 – Chicago, USA (Virtual). (Sudip K. Mazumder)
2020 – Dubrovnik, Croatia (Virtual). (Željko Jakopović)
2019 – Xi’an, China. (Jinjun Liu)
2018 – Charlotte, USA
2017 – Florianópolis, Brazil
2016 – Vancouver, Canada
2015 – Aachen, Germany
2014 – Galway, Ireland
2014 – Rogers, USA
2012 – Aalborg, Denmark
2010 – Hefei, China
Best paper award recipients
PEDG 2021, Chicago, USA
- Zhiwei Chen, Wei Wang, Jie Chen, Qicai Ren, Alian Chen, Tong Liu, “Hybrid Control Strategy for DAB-LLC Sigma Converter”.
- Robin Strunk, Marcel Sarstedt, Axel Mertens, “Voltage Sensitivity Estimation Based on Measurements of Distributed PV Inverters”.
- Asif Imran Emon, Hayden Carlton, John Harris, Alexis Krone, Mustafeez Hassan, Abdul Mirza, Zhao Yuan, David Huitink, Fang Luo, “A 650/V60A Gate Driver Integrated Wire-bondless Multichip GaN Module”.
PEDG 2020, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Qianwen Xu, Lihua Xie, Tomislav Dragicevic, “Distributed finite-time power management for hybrid energy storage systems in dc microgrids.”
- Sneha Thakur, Ghanshyamsinh Gohil, Poras T. Balsara, “Grid forming energy router: Investigation of load control and stability response”.
- Soenke Rogalla, Sebastian Kaiser, Bruno Burger, Bernd Engel, “Determination of the frequency dependent Thévenin equivalent of inverters using differential impedance spectroscopy”.
PEDG 2019, Xi’an, China
- Xing Liu, Xuefeng Hu, Hao Chen, Lezhu Chen, Yujia Zhang, “An Interleaved Boost Converter with Parallel Input and Output Series for Renewable Energy System”.
- Yongbin Jiang, Min Wu, Zexian Zeng, Jing Sun, Laili Wang, Yue Wang, “Variable Angle Phase Shift Control in Series-Series Type Wireless Power Transfer System”.
- Mattia Guacci, Mina Tatic, Dominik Bortis, Johann W. Kolar, Yusuke Kinoshita, Hidetoshi Ishida, “Novel Three-Phase Two-Third-Modulated Buck-Boost Current Source Inverter System Employing Dual-Gate Monolithic Bidirectional GaN e-FETs”.