Transactions on Sustainable Energy
Sponsors: Industry Applications Society (IAS), Industrial Electronics Society (IES), Instrumentation and Measurement Society (I&M), Oceanic Engineering Society (OES), Photonics Society, Power & Energy Society (PES), Power Electronics Society (PELS), Society on Social Implications Technology (SSIT)
Editor in Chief: Badrul H. Choudhury
The IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy (TSTE) is a cross-disciplinary and internationally archival journal aimed at disseminating results of research on sustainable energy that relates to, arises from, or deliberately influences energy generation, transmission, distribution, and delivery. The journal publishes original research on theories and the development of principles of sustainable energy technologies and systems. TSTE also welcomes manuscripts on the design, implementation, and evaluation of power systems that are affected by sustainable energy. Surveys of existing work on sustainable energy may also be considered for publication when they propose a new viewpoint on history and a challenging perspective on the future of sustainable energy.
The following topic areas are NOT within the scope of TSTE:
- Design and optimization of power converter control without consideration of network
- Microgrid design, optimization, operation, and control (not involving renewable energy generation characteristics)
- Protection of renewable generation (except involving fault ride through)
- Purely on dynamics, condition monitoring of wave/wind/tidal turbine mechanical components
- Renewable energy development and feasibility study projects that do not involve new modeling and methodology of design optimization
- Sharing the operating experience of Biomass and other community energy development project without technical rigor and methodology
- Theory and principle of generation of power from stand-alone super-capacitors, electric kyte, piezo-electric generator, micro-electromechanical, and electrochemical without involving electric power networks
- Theory, design, and optimization of standalone fuel cell, energy storage technology without involving electricity network
- Virtual power plant design, optimization, and control (not involving renewable energy plants, such as solar and wind)
The articles in TSTE are peer-reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual. Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer-review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
TSTE is a hybrid journal, offering these manuscript submission types when submitting a manuscript:
- Traditional: This option enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No article-processing charge (APC) charge is required.
- Open Access (OA): This option enables unrestricted access to the article via IEEE Xplore. Authors must pay the APC of USD 2,045 before the article is published in TSTE. If the authors have unusual circumstances where they are unable to pay the fee in full, they should contact the Editor in Chief and request a discounted APC.
Any other applicable charges (e.g., overlength page charge of $150 per page, using color in print format, etc.) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is completed but prior to publication.