IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
A joint publication of Industry Applications Society, Industrial Electronics Society, Instrumentation and Measurement Society, Power Electronics Society, Power & Energy Society, Photonics Society and the Society on Social Implications of Technology.
The IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy is a cross disciplinary and internationally archival journal aimed at disseminating results of research on sustainable energy that relates to, arises from, or deliberately influences energy generation, transmission, distribution and delivery. The journal publishes original research on theories and development on principles of sustainable energy technologies and systems. The Transactions also welcomes manuscripts on design, implementation and evaluation of power systems that are affected by sustainable energy. Surveys of existing work on sustainable energy may also be considered for publication when they propose a new viewpoint on history and a challenging perspective on the future of sustainable energy.
The following topic areas are NOT within the scope of the IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy:
- Microgrid design, optimization, operation and control - not involving renewable energy generation characteristics
- Virtual power plant design, optimization, control not involving renewable energy plants such as solar and wind
- Protection of renewable generation – except involving fault ride through
- Design and optimization of power converter control without consideration of network
- Theory and principle of generation of power from stand-alone super-capacitors, electric kyte, piezo-electric generator, micro electromechanical, electrochemical without involving electric power networks
- Theory, design and optimization of standalone fuel cell, energy storage technology without involving electricity network
- Renewable energy development and feasibility study project not involving new modeling and methodology of design optimization
- Sharing operating experience of Biomass and other community energy development project without technical rigor and methodology
- Purely on dynamics, condition monitoring of wave/wind/tidal turbine mechanical components
The Impact Factor for the IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy is 6.235.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual (https://pspb.ieee.org/images/files/files/opsmanual.pdf). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
This publication is a hybrid journal, allowing either Traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission.
The OA option, if selected, enables unrestricted public access to the article via IEEE Xplore. The OA option will be offered to the author at the time the manuscript is submitted. If selected, the OA discounted fee of $2,045 be paid before the article is published in the journal. If you have unusual circumstances about this, please contact the Editor-in-Chief. Any other applicable charges (such as the over-length page charge and/or charge for the use of color in the print format) will be billed separately once the manuscript formatting is complete but prior to the publication.
The traditional option, if selected, enables access to all qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No OA payment is required.
Overlength Page Charges
Beginning 1 January 2019, overlength page charges will be $150 per each page in excess of the first eight published pages.
Editorial Board with Society Affiliations
Editor in Chief:
Badrul H. Chowdhury, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Past Editor in Chief:
Bikash Pal, Imperial College London, UK
Power Engineering Letters Editor in Chief:
Mahmud Fotuhi-Firuzabad, Sharif University of Technology, Iran