IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics
Power electronics has matured as a discriminating technology for a wide variety of applications from industrial to transportation to commercial to appliances to energy efficiency and to handheld devices. The technology has evolved tremendously to approach a wide range of applications and implementations that push limits in dynamics and energy conversion performance. Consequently, the amount of research work in emerging and selected topics and the need for close collaborations among industry, research, and academia are growing in an unprecedented speed. The challenge in the coming years lies in developing new techniques at the lowest possible cost, size and weight for emerging applications. To address this technology trend and to serve our members better, the IEEE Power Electronics Society and the IEEE Industry Applications Society are jointly launching a new journal: IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (J-ESTPE).
All manuscripts must be submitted through Manuscript Central at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jestpe-ieee Manuscripts submitted for the journal will be reviewed by its editorial board, including guest editors for special issues / sections.
Call for Papers for Special Issues
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Modeling, Design and Application of Next-Generation Power Components
- Call for Papers: Special Section on Cybersecurity of Power Electronics through Hardware Hardening
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Power Integration with WBG Devices and Components
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Topologies, Modeling Methodologies and Control Techniques for High-Frequency Power Conversion
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Complex Vector Theory and its Application in Power Electronic Systems
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Power Converters and Control Techniques for Very Fast Response Applications
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Modeling, Topology and Control of Grid-Forming Inverters
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Nonlinear Dynamics in Power Electronics Enabled Energy Systems
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on DC Microgrid Protection
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Topology, Modeling, Control and Reliability of Bidirectional DC/DC Power Converters in DC Microgrids
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Sustainable Energy through Power-Electronic Innovations in Cyber-Physical Systems, 2020
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on the Design and Testing Methods of Power Electronics Components and Circuits
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Fault Tolerant Operation and Stability Enhancement of Power Electronics Dominated Grids
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Capacitively Coupled Power Conversion Systems
IEEE JESTPE received a top-tier impact factor value.
I am extremely pleased to report that, in June 2019 JCR report, the IEEE JESTPE impact factor, for the year of 2018, is 5.972. It is now in the top tier of all journals in the field. This is quite an achievement for a new journal in a short time of six (6) years and among a competitive environment. Our many thanks go to all our editors, guest editors, associate editors, guest associate editors, reviewers, authors and staff for their contributions and dedication to our journal. We will continue to provide a world-class, open-and-timely forum for our authors to share the latest research and development results that will sure impact engineering research and design practices in power electronics & systems (PEAS) technologies.
IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (IEEE JESTPE) Prize Paper Award
Each year, the editorial board of the IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (IEEE JESTPE) presents one (1) first prize paper and three (3) second prize papers, recognized as the best among those published in the immediate previous calendar year. Each editor, guest editor, associate editor and guest associate editor can nominate up to two candidate papers. The regular editorial board will then vote for the final selection. The editor-in-chief chairs the process. The nominations are typically solicited in April/May time frame and the formal recognition is typically in ECCE (North America) during the JESTPE editorial board meeting. Each author of the prize papers receives a certificate together with an honorarium.
For further information, please contact the Editor-in-Chief, Professor Joseph Olorunfemi Ojo, FIEEE
Tennessee Tech University