IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics
Power electronics has matured as a discriminating technology for a wide variety of applications from industrial to transportation to commercial to appliances to energy efficiency and to handheld devices. The technology has evolved tremendously to approach a wide range of applications and implementations that push limits in dynamics and energy conversion performance. Consequently, the amount of research work in emerging and selected topics and the need for close collaborations among industry, research, and academia are growing in an unprecedented speed. The challenge in the coming years lies in developing new techniques at the lowest possible cost, size and weight for emerging applications. To address this technology trend and to serve our members better, the IEEE Power Electronics Society and the IEEE Industry Applications Society are jointly launching a new journal: IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (J-ESTPE).
All manuscripts must be submitted through Manuscript Central at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jestpe-ieee Manuscripts submitted for the journal will be reviewed by its editorial board, including guest editors for special issues / sections.
Call for Papers for Special Issues
- Special Issue on Modeling, Topology and Control of Grid-Forming Inverters - Scheduled Publication Time: June 2020
- Special Issue on Power Converters and Control Techniques for Very Fast Response Applications, 2020 - Scheduled Publication Date: June 2020
- Special Issue on Complex Vector Theory and its Application in Power Electronic Systems Special Issue on Complex Vector Theory and its Application in Power Electronic Systems - Scheduled Publication Time: March 2020
- Special Issue on Topologies, Modeling Methodologies and Control Techniques for High-Frequency Power Conversionfor High-Frequency Power Conversion, Scheduled Publication Date: December 2019
- Special Issue on Power Integration with WBG Devices and Components -Scheduled Publication Time: Dec. 2019
- Special Issue on Modeling, Design and Application of Next-Generation Power Components - Scheduled Publication Time: October, 2019
- Special Issue on Cybersecurity of Power Electronics through Hardware Hardening - Scheduled Publication Time: September 2019
Coming Up Next
Special Issue on Resonant and Soft-Switching Techniques with Wide Bandgap DevicesSpecial Issue on Resonant and Soft-Switching Techniques with Wide Bandgap Devices - Scheduled Publication Time: March, 2019
UPDATE: in June 2017 JCR report, the IEEE JESTPE impact factor, for the year of 2016, is 4.269. It is also ranked among the top 97% by Scopus 2016 Index for Electronic and Electrical Engineering. This is quite an achievement for a new journal in a short time of four (4) years and among a competitive environment. Our deepest thanks must go to all our editors, authors and staff for their contributions and dedication in making our journal top tier in the field. We will continue to provide a world-class open and timely forum for our authors to share the latest research and development results that will no doubtedly impact world’s engineering designs and practices.
IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (IEEE JESTPE) Prize Paper Award
Each year, the editorial board of the IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (IEEE JESTPE) presents one (1) first prize paper and three (3) second prize papers, recognized as the best among those published in the immediate previous calendar year. Each editor, guest editor, associate editor and guest associate editor can nominate up to two candidate papers. The regular editorial board will then vote for the final selection. The editor-in-chief chairs the process. The nominations are typically solicited in April/May time frame and the formal recognition is typically in ECCE (North America) during the JESTPE editorial board meeting. Each author of the prize papers receives a certificate together with an honorarium.
For further information, please contact the Editor-in-Chief, Professor Joseph Olorunfemi Ojo, FIEEE
Tennessee Tech University