APEC 2021- Student Grants! Apply before 1 March
APEC 2021 Sponsors Continue Student Attendance Support Program
Support of up to $1,000 offered to graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in power electronics programs to assist in attendance at APEC 2021
The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) have announced the continuation of the popular Student Attendance Support Program of up to $1,000 to cover a portion of the expenses for eligible students to attend APEC 2021. Interested students must apply by March 1, 2021.
In its 16th year, this popular program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC conference: the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications society (IAS).
The recipients will be chosen by the APEC 2021 Student Attendance Support Committee. Application forms are available at APEC Attendance Support Application. The application criteria are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution.
- Only students who have not received attendance support in the past will be considered.
- The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2021.
- The recipient must attend APEC 2021 and submit expense receipts to the Committee for reimbursement.
- If APEC includes virtual attendance, registration will be the only reimbursable expense if a recipient attends virtually.
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by March 1, 2021.
- The recipients will be notified by the Committee by March 18, 2021.
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of their accepted APEC paper, as well as the name(s) of the co-author(s).
More information about the APEC Student Attendance Support Program may be found at the PSMA’s Education Forum page.