Call for Papers: WiPDA Asia 2020, Osaka University
The Workshop on Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications in Asia (WiPDA-Asia) is sponsored by IEEE Power Electronic Society, providing a forum for device scientists, circuit designers, and application engineers to share technology updates, research findings, development experience, and application knowledge.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
- Heteroepitaxial and bulk materials growth
- Gate dielectrics and surface passivation
- Device structures and fabrication techniques
- Device characterization and modeling
- Very high efficiency and compact converters
- SOAs including short-circuit, spike, and transient tolerance
- Harsh environment (e.g. high temperature) operation and reliability
- Packaging, power modules, and ICs
- Hard-switched and soft-switched applications
- Common-mode and EMI management
- Gate drive and other auxiliary circuits
- High-performance passive components
- Applications in renewable energy and storage, transportation, industrial drives, and grid power.
Tutorials: Tutorials covering both device and application topics will be offered on May 25th, 2020.
Keynote Sessions: Keynote sessions will be held on May 26th-27th, 2020, in which leading experts from academia, industry, and research institutes will share their insights on technology developments and future trends.
Technical Paper Session: Both oral and poster technical papers will be presented to share the updated research results during May 26th-27th, 2020.
Call for Exhibitions: A number of booths will be available for exhibition.
Two Page Abstract: Feb. 15, 2020
Notification of Acceptance: Mar. 15, 2020
Tutorial Proposal: Feb. 15, 2020
Tutorial Notification: Mar. 15, 2020
Final Paper Submission: April 30, 2020
Tsuyoshi Funaki, Osaka university, Japan
Takashi Nakamura, Osaka university, Japan
Technical Program Chair
Alberto Castellazzi, Kyoto university of advanced science, Japan
Technical Program Co-Chair
Takashi Sato, Kyoto University, Japan
Jun-ichi Itoh, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan
Plenary Sessions Chair
Nobuo Satoh, Chiba institute of technology, Japan
Masayoshi Yamamoto, Nagoya University, Japan
Local Organizing Committee
Yusuke Mori, Osaka university, Japan
Hideharu Sugihara, Osaka university, Japan
Tetsuya Hirose, Osaka university, Japan
Takaaki Ibuchi, Osaka university, Japan
Website and Publicity Chair
Michihiro Shintani, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan