DL Nomination and Selection Guidelines
The following guidelines are provided regarding the selection and operation of the DL Program:
- Nominations (or self-nominations) for PELS DLs should be submitted to the PELS DL Program Chair from 1 January through 30 June each year and include the following:
- Nominator's contact information and a short bio (not needed for self-nomination)
- Nominee's contact information and full resume
- One to three proposed lectures with a title and short abstract (less than 100 words per title)
- Nominee's past records in giving public lectures, seminars, or tutorials
- Endorsement for the nomination from one or more of the PELS Technical Committees (TC)
- The nomination will be evaluated by the DL Selection Committee, which is chaired by the PELS DL Program Chair and is made up of the Awards Committee Chair, Chapters Chair, VP of Meetings, VP of Operations, VP of Products, and two independent members appointed by the PELS President. The committee will complete the annual review by 30 August and forward the recommendation to the PELS President for official approval no later than 1 October. The DL list will be published before 31 December, acknowledged in PELS publicity materials, and honored at selected PELS award ceremonies afterward.
- Appointed DLs will serve a two-year term and fulfill a commitment to delivering at least two lectures during the two years. Each DL can serve up to two consecutive terms (a total of four years). Appointed DLs will report their lecture activities to the DL Program Chair at the end of each term they have served
To nominate a DL, please contact the DL Program Chair John Shen.