IEEE PELS Ph.D. Thesis Talk Award
The IEEE PELS Education Digital Media Committee invites video submissions for the IEEE PELS Ph.D. Thesis Talk Award. The goal of this competition is to showcase Ph.D. projects to the entire power electronics community - both in academia and industry. The Ph.D. Thesis Talks can be up to 3 minutes long. Five IEEE PELS P3 Talks will be awarded each year.
The Digital Media Committee and Award Selection Committees consisted of worldwide Distinguished Professors in the Power Electronics community. Due to the high quality of submissions, each video was reviewed by a panel of three or more judges.
I'd like to now congratulate the following 2021 winners:
- Electromagnetic Model-Based Measurement, Sensing, and Detection for Wireless Power Transfer by: Sung Yul Chu, University of Michigan, USA
- Hard-Switched Robustness of Wide Bandgap Power Semiconductor Devices by: Joseph Kozak, Virginia Tech, USA
- Impedance Modeling and Stability Analysis of Grid-Interactive Converters by: Yicheng Liao, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Reliability Evaluation and Condition Monitoring of Wide bandgap Devices by: Fei Yang, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Hybrid Switched-Capacitor Power Converters: Fundamental Limits and Design Techniques by: Zichao Ye, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Each winner will receive a monetary award of US$1,000 and a certificate.
- Design Considerations for Radio Frequency Power Converters by: Lei Gu, Stanford University, USA
- Synchronised Control of Grid-Interactive Inverters using Stationary Frame Resonant Regulators by: Afif Nazib, RMIT University, Australia
- Mission Profile based System-Level Lifetime Prediction of Modular Multilevel Converters by: Yi Zhang, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Three-Layer Control Strategy for LLC Converters: Large-Signal, Small Signal, and Steady-State Operation by: Mehdi Mohammadi, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Torque Estimation in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines by: Maria Martinez Gomez, University of Oviedo, Spain
- Advanced Control Functionalities for Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Converters By: Emanuel Serban
- SWITCHING-MODE POWER CONVERTERS FOR VISIBLE LIGHT COMMUNICATION TRANSMITTERS By: Juan Rodriguez Mendez
- Sensorless Control and Commissioning of High Anisotropy Synchronous Motor Drives By: Paolo Pescetto
- Operational Principles and Applications of Global Synchronous Pulse Width Modulation By: Tao Xu
- High Gain DC-DC and Active Power Decoupling Techniques for Photovoltaic Inverters By: Jinia Roy